There are many ways that you can apply makeup to your face, and although it is nice to have a regular makeup routine, it is also fun to change it up sometimes. Check out these face makeup tips that will completely change the makeup game!
- “Mixing foundation with moisturizer is an easy way to lighten your coverage options if you already have a fuller coverage foundation.”—Caitlin Wooters, makeup artist
- “To make foundation thicker, mix in a touch of loose powder. (Be careful not to add too much or it will cake.)”—Cecilia Muench, creative director of Inglot
- “If you’re extremely oily and don’t have face primer handy, just apply a little corn starch to your skin before your foundation.”—Niki Metz, director of artistry for Jouer
- “Here’s one for the winter: Take an egg yolk and a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, and whip together. Slather all over your face and leave on for 20 minutes before rinsing off with lukewarm water. This treatment is the most hydrating thing you can do for your skin, and it’ll leave your face with the most beautiful glow you have ever seen!”—Niki Metz, director of artistry for Jouer
- “Your complexion products (foundation, concealer, etc.) should match the inside of your arm, not the back of your hand.”—Maggie Ford Danielson, Benefit global beauty authority
- “For a luminous skin effect, mix your foundation with a golden or a pearly white eyeshadow. It gives your complexion a radiance beyond compare.”—Nicolas Degennes, creative director of Givenchy beauty