Are you looking for the perfect combination of carbs and vegetables in a salad? If so, this greek pasta salad recipe is the one for you! It makes the perfect side dish and is very simple and quick to make. You can even customize it by adding any vegetables that you like.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, plus more as needed
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound dry, small pasta, such as shells, ditalini, or elbows
- 1 medium cucumber, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces feta cheese
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, whisk the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and a few grinds of black pepper together in a large bowl. Set aside.
Add the pasta to the water and cook according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and run briefly under cool water to cool the pasta down. Drain well again.
Add the pasta, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, and olives to the bowl of dressing. Toss thoroughly to combine. Crumble the feta into the salad and toss again. Let sit 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, to allow the flavors to meld. Taste and season with more salt, pepper, or vinegar as needed.
Make ahead: The pasta salad can be made a day ahead and refrigerated overnight. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to take the chill off before serving.
Storage: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.